ActiveCampaign is an email marketing app with built-in marketing automation for small businesses.
By installing this integration, you can create newsletters from customizable templates and follow up on incoming leads using reporting and analytics tools. To install ActiveCampaign follow the steps below:
- Go to Apps > Integrations (see A).
- Click on the ActiveCampaign logo under the Communication Apps category (see B).
- On the ActiveCampaign page, click on the Install button to enable this integration (see C).
- In the Configuration tab > Step 1: Connect ActiveCampaign to OnePageCRM, enter your ActiveCampaign Account name (see D) and click Save (see E).
- To create a new ActiveCampaign contact list (if you don't have already one):
- Log in to your ActiveCampaign account.
- Go to Lists (see F) and click on Add new List button (see G).
- Fill Create New List form and click Create List.
- To import OnePageCRM contacts into your newly created ActiveCampaign list:
- Go to Contacts > Import (see H & I).
- In the Import your existing contacts page > Connect with other services to have new contacts added automatically section, select OnePageCRM and click Next.
- Set the connection by clicking Allow (see J)
- Choose your list from and Select the import destination list and click Next.
- Enter Sync Name, set your sync configuration and click Next to save your preferences (see K, L, M).
- Once your OnePageCRM contacts are imported and synced, you can start creating campaigns for them in ActiveCampaign.
How to pin ActiveCampaign to the Apps menu
To pin the ActiveCampaign integration to the Apps menu (see N), select the check-box: Pin this application to the Apps menu (see O).
- ActiveCampaign integration can be enabled and configured by Account Owner or Administrator user.
- After clicking the Install button (seeC), a checkbox appears underneath allowing you to Pin this application to the Apps menu where it will appear under the Apps drop-down (see A).