How to mark a contact as private
If you are the Account Owner or Administrator, you can create Private contacts by default. Sub-users must have this privilege granted to them first.
To mark a contact as private:
- Open your contact.
- Click Edit to the top right.
- Scroll down to the Owner field.
- Make sure that you are the contact's owner (See A) and select the Make private check box (See B).
- Select Save and return to Contact view.
The lock symbol beside the contact's name indicates that they are private and cannot be viewed by anyone else (See C).
The Private filter is only visible to you and contains just your private contacts (See D).
To give sub-users permission to set private contacts
- Go to gear icon > Users.
- Select your user and check the box beside Own private contacts (See E).
- By default, the Account owner and Administrators automatically have access to the private contacts feature.
- Private contacts only appear in your Action Stream and Private filter. They do not display in other filters like Waiting for, Starred, Status, Tags, Lead source, etc that are accessible by the rest of the team.
- You have to be the owner of the contacts that you wish to make private.
- Contacts with assigned actions to another user on the account or contacts which have a closed sales cycle cannot be made private.
- Private contacts cannot have deals (pending, won or lost).
- Email dropbox BCC emails will be captured if sent to your own Email dropbox address. Emails sent to your team members Email dropbox address will not be assigned to your Private contact.