How to enable the Cost field for margin-based deals?
There are two scenarios where enabling the Cost field is useful:
- Displaying the Margin of a deal.
- Calculating Commission based on the margin.
To enable the Cost field:
- Open Settings > Custom fields.
- Under DEAL FIELDS section (see A), select the check box to enable the Cost field (see B).
- In the Edit Cost field form, choose which one of the options from the Calculate Commission from drop-down (see C).
- Margin (Amount less cost) - default option: If Commission is enabled in Add Deal form this is calculated based on the margin.
- Amount: If Commission is enabled in Add Deal form, the Commission is calculated based on the deal amount.
- (Optional) If Required field checkbox is ticked Cost must have a greater than zero value assigned to it (see D).
Click Save to return to Custom fields.