How to add/edit/remove a deal?
You can manage deals with a contact by following the instructions below:
- Add a deal
- Edit a deal
- Remove a deal
Add a deal
To add a deal for a contact:
- Open a contact.
- Click on the Add Deal button (see A) below the Next Action area.
- Specify the details of your deal (see C):
- Type name of deal in the Deal name field.
- Specify an estimated deal amount in the Amount field.
- Pick an Expected closed date.
- Set Deal stage to a Pending probability percentage, Won or Lost.
- Select any Deal custom fields you have set up (see D).
- Add a Note for the deal. You can format note text by making it bold/italics. (Optional)
- Attach documents from your computer, Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Pick a deal owner from the Owned by drop-down list. By default this is set to Me.
- Select the check box to add Commission or to make this a Multi-month deal (see B).
- Click Save (see E) to create deal.
Edit a deal
- Open a contact for which you wish to edit a deal.
- Click on the pencil icon (see F) in the Pending Deal box below the Next Action area.
- In the Edit Deal box, you can amend:
- Deal name
- Expected close date
- Deal stage
- Deal custom fields
- Date Created
- Multi-month (recurring deals)
- Add note
- Add attachment.
- Click Save to submit changes.
Remove a deal
- Open a contact for which you wish to delete a deal.
- Click on the bin icon (see G) in the Pending Deal box below the Next Action area.
- In the warning message click OK to confirm deletion of the pending deal.
To undo the deletion of a deal go to Activity Reporting > Deals and find deleted contact record you wish to restore> click on Undo delete link. You have only 24 hours to use the Undo option.
- You can also relate a note to a deal when creating a note. Once a related note is saved appears as associated note with a deal (see H). For more details check out How to add a note to a contact?.