A Focused User can only view contacts assigned to them. Unlike the Account Owner, Administrators and Users, Focused Users can only view and edit the contacts owned by them.
Plans: Focused User is available on SMB Plus and Enterprise.
|In this article:|
|Create a Focused User|
|Privileges of a Focused User|
|Focused User Limitations|
Create a Focused User
Note: The contacts assigned to Focused Users are the only contacts that they will see, however you can view their contacts by selecting their user in the Team Stream.
Permissions of a Focused User
Similar to the general user, the Focused User can be granted different permissions as required. The following are user permissions to which you can give access:
|Delete contacts||Own private contacts|
|Export contacts (and deals) in bulk||Save to Google Contacts|
|Download vCard||Delete deals|
|View Pipeline page||Edit own targets|
|Add / Edit deal items||View Activity page|
|Create and edit reports||Bulk update Status|
|Bulk update Contact Owner|
Note: These permissions are limited to contacts that are owned by them/assigned to them.
Privileges of a Focused User
- Add, view, edit, and delete contacts assigned to them.
- Add and view Deals associated with contacts they own in the Contact's page and the Organization view.
- Access the Organization view of a contact they own. The Focused User can view all organization activity of their own contacts that belong to the organization. The Focused User will be notified if there are other contacts associated with the organization that are not assigned to them.
- Import new contacts. If the Focused User creates a duplicate contact with an existing email address, the original contact owner will be notified by email.
Note: If the Focused User creates a duplicate contact with the same email address, any emails sent to that email address will be logged under all contacts in the account.
- Run filter and tag contacts owned by them.
Note: Any filter run by a Focused User may not show the full results of all contacts in the account.
- View and edit user Preferences and Localization settings.
Focused User Limitations
When you create a Focused User in OnePageCRM, it's important to note that the Focused Users have different limitations to keep in mind. The limitations are centered around the concept of contact ownership and the fact that Focused Users cannot access any contact that is not owned by them / assigned to them, and so the following restrictions apply:
- If the ownership of a contact is changed, the Focused User will no longer have access to the contact and all details related to it. If there are Next Actions and Queued actions assigned to the Focused User, these won't be visible anymore.
- You can assign Next Actions to a Focused User only if the contact is owned by them.
- Other users on the account (account owner, administrators, or users) cannot mention or notify Focused Users in Calls, Notes, and Deals if the contact is not assigned to the Focused User.