How to remove duplicates from import file in Excel?
Before you import your file into OnePageCRM you have to make sure that all the duplicate contacts are removed. To check if there are any duplicates in your import file apply the following operation in Excel:
- Open your import file in Excel (2007, 2010).
- Select the range of cells (all the data in your case).
- On the Data tab > Data Tools section, click Remove Duplicates.
- In the Remove Duplicates pop-up:
- Tick the My data has headers to exclude the column headers from this operation.
- Under Columns, select one or more columns that might contain duplicates.
- To quickly select all columns, click Select All.
- To quickly clear all columns, click Unselect All. If the range of cells or table contains many columns and you want to only select a few columns, you may find it easier to click Unselect All, and then under Columns, select those columns.
- Click OK.
- A message is displayed indicating how many duplicate values were removed and how many unique values remain, or if no duplicate values were removed. Click OK.
- When you remove duplicate values, only the values in the range of cells or table are affected. Any other values outside the range of cells or table are not altered or moved.
- Because you are permanently deleting data, it's a good idea to copy the original range of cells or table to another worksheet or workbook before removing duplicate values.