How to find and merge duplicate contacts in bulk
To help you keep your database clean, you can easily find and merge duplicates in bulk based on First Name and Last Name or Email Address.
Merge duplicate contacts in bulk
- If you merge a contact with multiple address fields, the last updated / edited address will be added to the merged contact.
- Bulk merging is a powerful feature and cannot be "undone". Please be sure to check that your list is correct before running. Note: If you have a high number of duplicates, we'd recommend to do an export of your database and check it based on first name, last name & email address prior to merging the duplicates.
- All Deals, Notes and stored emails from the duplicate contacts will be copied to the single contact when merged.
- Single value fields such as First name, Last name, Job title, Organization, Address (City, State, Zip, Country), Status, Lead source, Owner and Custom fields (Except for checkbox) will be copied from the most recently-created contact. We're assuming that the most recent contact's details are the most up-to-date.
- Multiple value fields such as Phone, Email, URL, Tags, Background and Custom fields (checkbox) will be copied to the merged contact. For example, if two duplicate contacts have two different phone numbers, both numbers will be copied to the new, single merged contact