How to handle Next Action conflicts
There will be times when Next Action conflicts may occur for your contacts, so OnePageCRM will recognize these and allow you to edit the Next Actions to resolve the conflicts.
|In this article:|
|When does a Next Action conflict occur?|
|How to resolve Next Action conflict|
When does a Next Action conflict occur?
Next Action conflicts arise when a contact contains a Next Action and an action due on the same date. This can occur in due to a number of reasons:
- Changing of contact ownership: When ownership of a contact is changed, the Next Action of the contact assigned to the old owner is automatically changed to the new owner. This can result in the new owner to have duplicate Next Actions with a contact: the existing Next Action and the re-assigned Action.
- Removal of a user: When a user is removed from the system, a similar conflict to the Changing of contact ownership scenario appears.
- Contact details submitted through online forms such as Mailchimp Forms and Wufoo: If an existing contact is submitted through an online form, the default Next Action from this submission can clash with existing Next Action for this contact.
- Merging of duplicate contacts: If two or three contacts are merged, the Next Action of the last added contact may clash with the other contact's existing Next Action.
How to resolve Next Action conflict
Whenever there’s a Next Action conflict, the contact will display a warning yellow banner informing you of the Next Action that has been turned into an Action with a date. When you have a Next Action conflict you can complete the following processes:
- Click on the x icon to dismiss the yellow banner.
- To swap the Next Action with another, hover over the action you want to promote → click swap.
- To change the date of the converted action, click on the pencil icon.