How to handle Next Action conflicts?
To identify and handle Next Actions conflicts go to:
- When Next Action conflict occurs?
- How to resolve Next Action conflict?
When Next Action conflict occurs?
Next Action conflict can arise when a user has a Next Action with a contact and another Next Action is assigned to her/him after any of the actions below are performed:
- Changing of contact ownership: When ownership of a contact is changed, the Next Action of the contact assigned to the old owner is automatically changed to the new owner. This can result the new owner / user to have duplicate Next Actions with a contact: the existing one and the re-assigned one.
- Removal of a user: When a user is removed from the system, the similar conflict appears as in the Changing of contact ownership scenario.
- Contact details submitted through online form (Wufoo): If an existing contact is submitted through an online form, the default Next Action from this submission can clash with existing Next Action for this contact.
- Merging of duplicate contacts: If two or three contacts are merged, the Next Action of the last added contact clashes with the other contacts existing Next Action.
How to resolve a Next Action conflict?
Whenever there’s a Next Action conflict, the contact appears at the top of the user’s Action Stream list with a warning yellow symbol prompting him/her make a decision.
To resolve a Next Action conflict resulting from any of the above scenarios, follow the steps below:
- In the Action Stream, click on the contact with the yellow warning symbol (see A).
- Once this contact is opened in Contact View, the yellow banner is displayed (See B) highlighting the conflicting Next Action and the reason for the conflict (See C).
- The conflicting Next Action is converted to Queued Action assigned to you (See D).
- Returning to your Action Stream will dismiss this yellow banner, leaving the conflicting Next Action as a Queued Action assigned to you.