How to manage the lawful basis for processing data in OnePageCRM?
Under the GDPR, you must have a valid lawful basis in order to process data. There are six lawful bases for processing:
- Explicit Consent: The data subject has freely given consent for their information to be processed for a specific purpose.
- Performance of Contract: Processing is necessary due to the fulfillment of a contract.
- Legal Obligation: Processing is necessary to comply with the law.
- Vital Interests: Processing is necessary to save or protect an individual’s life.
- Public Interest: Processing is necessary to perform a public interest in official functions.
- Legitimate Interest: Processing is necessary to the legitimate interests of an organization or an individual.
GDPR requires a data controller to keep a record for each contact stored of which lawful basis applies for your data processing. In OnePageCRM, you can manage this by setting up status labels, custom fields or lead source and adding a lawful basis for processing your contacts' data.
Below is an example of a custom field in OnePageCRM.
The information provided relating to GDPR is intended for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice or to determine how GDPR might apply to you and your organization. We would encourage you to seek advice from a legal professional to discuss GDPR, how it applies specifically to your organization and how best to ensure compliance.