How to add/edit/delete Custom Fields
Customize your contact's data with Custom Fields that allow you to create additional fields to store information about your contacts. There are 3 types of custom fields: Contact, Organization and Deal custom fields.
These Custom Fields can be added, edited, or removed only by an Account Owner or Administrator user.
|In this article:|
|How to add a Custom Field||How to edit a Custom Field|
|How to delete a Custom Field|
How to add a Custom Field
Scroll to create an Organization or Deal custom field.
- Single line text - alphanumeric text field that accommodates a few words on a single line.
- Multi line text - alphanumeric text field that accommodates longer text on multiple lines.
- Number - numeric field that only holds numbers.
- Dropdown - drop-down list with options.
- Date - calendar date field used for date joined etc.
- Checkbox - allows multiple selections from a list of values.
- Anniversary date - calendar date field with the option to be reminded of an anniversary by email. This can be used for birthday, expiry date etc.
Note: This is not available for Organization or Deal Fields.
How to edit a Custom Field
How to delete a Custom Field
- To enable the Title custom field, check out How to add Title to a contact?
- You can re-order checkbox and dropdown field labels by opening the custom field you wish to edit and clicking on the arrows.
- You can also follow these steps to add/edit/delete Custom Fields for organizations using Organization Fields and deals using Deal Fields.
- There is no Anniversary date field type for Deal Fields.
- There is no Anniversary date fields type for