How to connect your Gmail account, create templates and send bulk emails
OnePageCRM's integration with Gmail just got more powerful. You can now, connect your Gmail account with OnePageCRM and send emails individually or in bulk & create templates directly from inside OnePageCRM.
|In this article:|
|Connect your Gmail account||Create an email signature|
|Set up email templates||Send emails in bulk & personalize|
Connect your Gmail/Google Apps account
- Under Configuration, select Connect .
Select Gmail / Google Apps mail from the dropdown → Next.
- Select the preferred connection type from the dropdown: Full (two-way) email sync or Send and Save manually → Connect.
How to create an email signature
If you wish to add an email signature, check the Enable signature checkbox, and add your signature.
Note: If your Gmail signature contains HTML elements, it can be imported with its original formatting.
How to set up email templates
Go to your Email page → Select Email Settings.
Note: Click on the clone icon to duplicate the email template.
- Enter Template name, Email Subject and email body text. If you wish to hide this template from all users on your account, untick the check box Visible to all users.
- Note: To add a variable to your template select Insert variable and choose from the following: First name, Last name, Full name, Organization name, Job title, Email, Title (Mr/Mrs), or any contact custom fields you've set up.
- Select Save to create this template.
- Select all contacts that you want to email using the bulk selector or individual contacts by selecting the checkbox beside their name. Note: You can also select contacts from any of the filters to the left of your Action Stream including: tags, status, lead source, or filters.
How to send emails in bulk & personalize
- In Step 1: Create master email and preview, type your email message or choose a Template. Note: Variables appear in a red text and will automatically populate for each contact.
Select Preview to view emails.
- In Step 2: Preview emails with option to tweak you can:
- Personalize email content by selecting the Edit individually link.
- Scroll through emails using the left and right toggles.
- Your email address must be hosted on Google in order to connect your Gmail email address to OnePageCRM.
- You can send up to 30MB per email in attachments.
- You must have a Google Apps mail or Gmail email address associated with your OnePageCRM account - all emails are sent from this address.
- There are limits associated with the number of bulk emails you can send per 24 hours/user:
- If you're subscribed to the Legacy plan, you can send up to 200 emails per user/day.
- If you're subscribed to the Professional plan, you can send up to 250 emails per user/day.
- If you're subscribed to the Business plan, you can send up to 450 emails per user/day.
- If you have an alias email address set up on your email account, you will have the option to send emails from that alias email address and/or set it as a default. You can also change the default name associated with each alias email address.
- Email templates are only available once you've set Gmail or Google Apps mail as your primary mail client.
- You can review all email correspondence with a contact in the CRM. Simply click on the Gmail icon in the contacts profile to see your full conversations (incoming and outgoing emails) in Gmail. This feature is automatically activated once you select your email client.
- Use Variables in your template and we'll auto-insert the matching details for each contact.
- First name appears as [contact.firstname], Last name appears as [contact.lastname], etc.
- Variables have a fall back option so "Hi [contact.firstname,fallback=there]", means that if there is no contact first name, it will default to Hi there.
- Variables also include contact custom fields (learn more about setting up custom fields here).
- You can use variables in your subject line of your templates.
- To save an email for future use, click on Templates and select Save
messageas a template to reuse this email.
- You can customize your subject line to include first name, last name, company etc.
- If you chose to 'open in your email client', your email signature will lose it's formatting as Mailto links do not support HTML.
Click Send All once you're happy with your email messages.
Note: Emails sent in bulk are received as an individual email to each contact and not as a bulk email