Mailchimp is a mass email marketing and automation tool. Integrate your Mailchimp and OnePageCRM accounts to keep contacts up to date. The Mailchimp integration also allows you to easily create segments and track your campaigns.
|In this article:|
|How to install the Mailchimp integration||How to sync your Mailchimp audience with OnePageCRM|
|How to set up segments and send newsletters||Mailchimp Sync Errors|
How to install the Mailchimp integration
- Go to your User Profile / Initials (in the top right-hand corner) → Select All Apps and Integrations.
How to sync your Mailchimp audience with OnePageCRM
- Select contacts to be pushed to Mailchimp: All contacts or contacts matching specific filter criteria.
- Set a suitable time to push contacts to Mailchimp.
- Select the checkbox if you want to Automatically push new contacts at the sync time every day.
- If you delete contacts from OnePageCRM OR contacts no longer match the selected filter criteria, you have a choice to delete these contacts from Mailchimp or keep them. To set this up select an option from the Contacts deleted from OnePageCRM dropdown 'will be deleted' or 'will not be deleted' in Mailchimp at the daily sync.
- By selecting the Tag contacts rejected by Mailchimp during the sync process check-box, the contacts not synced with Mailchimp will be tagged e.g. "MC Incomplete data", "MC Invalid email", "MC Duplicate", "MC Cleaned, "MC Unsubscribed" or "MC System error". Learn more about Mailchimp sync errors here.
You've now successfully synced your contacts to your Mailchimp Audience.
How to set up segments and send newsletters
Mailchimp Sync Errors
In the case of an error, OnePageCRM automatically applies one of the following tags to the contacts who are affected:
For more information on sync errors, see here.
- Please note that during the sync process with Mailchimp the following rules are applied:
- Only contacts with an email address are pushed to Mailchimp (Mailchimp will not accept contacts without email addresses).
- If you edit a contact's details, these updated details will be pushed at the set sync time.
- All Address fields (Address, City, State, Zip, Country) must be completed in order for the Address to be pushed over to Mailchimp. If only some of the Address fields are complete, then no Address information will be pushed to Mailchimp.
- Filters: If you've selected to push contacts within a filter, if you delete contacts from OnePageCRM or change the filter conditions, then these contacts will be deleted from Mailchimp at the sync time.
- The Mailchimp integration can only be enabled and configured by the Account Owner or Administrator.
- Multiple choice custom fields are not supported by Mailchimp.
- The Status tab will display any errors in the sync. For full details on common sync errors, click here.
- Mailchimp offers a Free Plan which allows you to send 12,000 emails per month for up to 2,000 subscribers.