How to set up and run Autoflows
If you find yourself repeating the same tasks, like changing the status label of your contacts every time you win a deal, then set up an Autoflow to remove it from your admin to-do list!
- Identify a trigger. This is a situation that happens regularly. For example, a new contact is created in the system.
- Set an operation. This is a task that needs to follow the trigger. For example, each time you create a new contact, you send them an email with a call request.
- Activate autoflow. If you have set the above trigger and operation, each time a new contact is created, a pop-up will appear asking you if Autoflow should proceed with sending them an email.
|In this article:|
|Create an Autoflow|
|Activate and disable an autoflow|
|Activate and disable an autoflow|
Create an Autoflow
The list of triggers and their specifications you can select are:
- Call added: select call result, if any.
- Pending deal stage: select Pipeline + from deal stage Won, Lost or Pending + to deal stage Won, Lost or Pending.
- New deal is created
- New contact is created
Note: Autoflow will not be triggered when a new contact is created from any web forms or external automations such as Zapier.
- Contact status: select Status label
- A tag added to contact: select from pre-existing tags
- A tag removed from contact: select from pre-existing tags
You have the option of selecting multiple triggers. Click +OR and choose the next trigger.
The list of operations and their specifications you can select are:
- Add contact note: type note.
- Remove tag: select tag from pre-existing tags .
- Add tag: select from pre-existing tags.
- Change contact status: select Status Label.
- Message for user: type message.
- Send email: select email template.
- Add Next Action: type Next action or type and select Next Action from saved actions & schedule using date picker.
- Group Saved actions are not available for selection in the "Add Next Actions" operation. Only one Next Action can be scheduled with Autoflow.
- The "Skip weekends" options for the "Add Next Action" operation reschedules the Next Action for the next Monday if it falls on Saturday or Sunday.
- If an Autoflow to add a Next Action operation is triggered for a contact that already has a scheduled Next Action, it will be added as a scheduled action.
- If you want to add a Next Action with time, you can do so by typing the time in the Next Action box. Time will be automictically added with smart date and time (you must have smart date and time enabled to avail of this option).
You have the option of selecting multiple operations. Click + AND and choose the next operation.
Activate or disable an Autoflow
To activate an Autoflow, toggle the Activate button to green.
Run an Autoflow
When you complete a trigger activity in OnePageCRM your Autoflow will start running and a pop-up notification will appear asking you to confirm the updates about to take place. For example, using the Autoflow created above whereby if a new deal is added to a contact, the contact's Status Label will change to "Customer" and a welcome email will be sent out to them. The pop-up notification will show all the updates about to take place (Change status to Customer and Send Email).
You have the option to skip the operation by toggling Skip button allowing you to not make the update if not required. When you're finished, click Confirm.
Once confirmed, the Autoflow above will change the status label of the contact to "Customer", but no email will be sent as the operation has been skipped.
Note: If you have permission to edit Autoflows, you'll have the option to do so.
If you click on edit in the Autoflow pop-up before you confirm it, the Autoflow will not complete the operation, and you'll be redirected to the edit area of the Autoflow.
- If you delete a tag associated with an Autoflow, and you then activate this Autoflow a new tag will be created.
- You can add up to 15 Autoflows on the Professional plan, and you have unlimited Autoflows if you're on the Business plan. See here for more info on our pricing plans.
- In the case of selecting the Send a new email operation, you can select multiple emails to be sent, however, you cannot select the same email template more than once.
- With great power comes great responsibility, so by default, only the Account Owner, Administrators, and users with permission can set up and edit Autoflows.