How to update actions for multiple contacts?
You can easily create, edit or complete Next Actions for multiple contacts using the Bulk Updates bar.
In this Article:
How to set a Next Action for multiple contacts
- Set Next Action text and date.
- Change Next Action date by selecting a date and leaving the Next Action field blank.
- Assign an action to another team member by selecting a team member from the User drop-down.
In the case when a Next Action already exists for a contact, choose one of the options to be applied:
- Don't apply the new one: new Next Action text and date will not be applied to the contact.
- Overwrite it: new Next Action details will replace the existing one.
- Create a Queued Action: the existing Next Action is kept and a Queued Action will be created.
How to mark a Next Action complete for multiple contacts
- Mark all selected contacts' Next Actions assigned to you complete.
- Close sales cycle for contacts without pending Queued Actions for you by simply ticking the Close sales cycle check-box.
How to Delete Queued Actions
The Delete Queued Actions allows you delete queued actions for selected contacts.
- To delete only actions queued for me, select 'my' from the drop-down.
- To delete all Queued Actions independent of the assignee, select all from the drop-down.
- If selected contact does not have a Next Action and you select:
- Set Next Action and If a Next Action already exists is set to Create a Queued Action then the Next Action (not Queued Action) will be assigned to the contact.
- You cannot close sales cycle for a contact with Queued Actions assigned to you. First you will have to delete all Queued Actions assigned to you and then you are allowed to close sales cycle for this contact.
- Please note that there are some scenarios that the number of contacts updated differs from the number of selected contacts. To learn more about this check out Why some of the contacts selected in bulk are not updated?