How to update actions for multiple contacts
You can easily create, edit or complete Next Actions for multiple contacts using the Bulk Updates bar.
|In this article:|
|How to set a Next Action for multiple contacts|
|How to mark a Next Action complete for multiple contacts|
|How to delete Queued Actions|
How to set a Next Action for multiple contacts
The Set Next Action allows you to:
- Set Next Action text and date.
- Change Next Action date by selecting a date and leaving the Next Action field blank.
In the case when a Next Action already exists for a contact, choose one of the options to be applied:
- Don't apply the new one: a new Next Action text and date will not be applied to the contact.
- Overwrite it: new Next Action details will replace the existing ones.
- Create a Queued Action: the existing Next Action is kept and a Queued Action will be created.
How to mark a Next Action complete for multiple contacts
Select Mark Next Action Complete if you wish to:
- Mark all selected contacts' Next Actions assigned to you as complete.
- Close sales cycle for contacts without pending Queued Actions for you by simply ticking the Close sales cycle checkbox.
How to Delete Queued Actions
You can delete Queued Actions that are queued for yourself or independent of the assignee by selecting the appropriate option.
- If the contact you're updating does not have a Next Action and you choose:
Set Next Action and select Create a Queued Action in If a Next Action already exists, then the Next Action will be assigned to the contact and not a Queued Action.
- You cannot close the sales cycle for contacts with Queued Actions. First, you will have to delete all Queued Actions assigned to you and then you'll be able to close the sales cycle.
- You cannot bulk update the owner of Next Actions that are already set. You will need to create completely new Next Actions for the user you wanted to originally reassign the Next Action ownership.
- Please note that there are some scenarios in which the number of contacts updated differs from the number of selected contacts. To learn more about this check out Why some of the contacts selected in bulk are not updated?
- Although you can delete Queued Actions in bulk, you cannot do the same for the Next Actions. You can only delete Next Actions individually.